I love old and vintage objects and what I love…
I usually celebrate Christmas in my home country – the Czech Republic…However for the first time ever I am staying in England this year which means I got the chance to buy and decorate my own Christmas tree for the first time !!!
I wanted to use decoration mainly made out of natural materials so I decided to make my own decorations by using DRIED FRUIT !!! This way the decoration does not only look pretty but smells gorgeous as well …!!!
I am sure you will find many other instructions on the internet of ‘HOW TO MAKE DRIED FRUIT CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATION’ but this is the way I made mine.
THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
- 2-3 Oranges (or Lime)
- 2-3 Apples
- Natural Sting (or Rafia)
- Whole Cloves
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Preheat the oven to about 150 degrees.
- Slice the fruit to about 2mm thin slices.
- Place the slices of fruit on the kitchen paper towel to dry the excess juice.
- Place the slices of fruit on the cooling rack of the oven.
- ‘Bake’ the fruit for about 3 hours (turn the pieces in the middle of the process to allow to dry evenly on both sides.
- After the fruit is taken out of the oven and cooled down you can start putting the pieces together with natural sting or rafia.
- And finally add the final touches by adding Cinnamon Sticks and Whole Cloves.